Monday, April 13, 2009

A Blessed Easter

We attended a wonderful and beautiful Easter service. The sermon was based on an email I had received where a little girl emptied her piggy bank and a surgeon happened to hear her story and went home with her. He performed a free surgery on her brother to save his life. Not sure all emails we receive are true but I would like to think this one was.

My elderly grandmother seems to be having some confusion. This is very upsetting because she wants to talk about wanting to die and telling God that she wants to die. I keep reminding her that we are to be in God's will, not our own. She gets confused and says things that seem to indicate she does not fully think things through. For most of her adult life she has been a dedicated Christian and never did one thing before praying about it. This is just not her and it's sad to watch. I am praying that this will pass and she will return to the loving and pleasant grandmother I grew up with. My father was in the military and we spent many years living with her. Later we built a house around the corner from her. She was always the one in our family who dispensed love. It is hard to think of letting her go when the time comes but I know when the time comes the Lord will get me through it.

No comments: