Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Part VI

During one of my last visits to the radiologist he told me he was very concerned about something. He said I still had a lump in my neck that didn't seem to have responded to the radiation. Panic set in. He also talked to me about how distressing it was for him to see me with my son and how he hoped I would survive. There was genuine concern which would really shake me.

A few nights later I had a bought of insomnia. I went to the family room and turned on the television and watched a show on at that time called The PTL Show. This stood for the Praise the Lord show. I thought the hosts seemed a bit flashy but they had a guest on named Vickie Jameson. She began to pray for people and she said that the Lord was telling her that someone had lymphoma and they were concerned because the doctor had told them that this lump should not be there. I do not remember her exact words but there was no doubt that she was describing my situation to a tee. She said that person should put their hand on the lump as she prayed for them. What I am about to say next may seem impossible but it happened. I could feel the lump shrink. I felt a warm sensation and suddenly I felt peace about the entire situation. I began to rejoice because I knew that God's will was for me to come through this. The following morning I went to church. I felt the Lord prompt me to testify about what he had done for me. I was not one who enjoyed attention and I tried to convince myself that it was not the Lord but my ego. The Lord does not let us fail Him. I suddenly prayed silently "Lord if I am to testify let the minister sing this chorus...." and guess what the minister then began to sing the exact chorus. Oh boy did I feel in the hot seat. I still was not about to stand up and draw attention to myself. At that point imagine my surprise when the minister said "The Holy Spirit is telling me that someone here has a testimony to share with us. Something wonderful has happened to someone and it will glorify God." I sat still in my seat. Finally he spoke to ME and said "I hope this won't upset you but the Lord is telling me you have something to share with us today." I kid you not, because of what transpired during that twenty-four hours, there is NOTHING that could ever convince me God is not real. The lump began to shrink even more and soon it was gone which was later confirmed to me by the doctor.
About this time I began to pray one day and I asked the Lord to give me a scripture to confirm my healing. I opened my Bible and it fell open to the verse on the header. My eyes immediately went to the scripture "Weeping may endure for the night but joy cometh in the morning." I began to anticipate the morning joy. Since that time there has never been a moment where I have not felt the Lord's presence with me. Life has given me other ordeals to deal with. I have other issues caused by the radiation I received thirty years ago. I have learned a lot. Mostly to trust in the Lord. He hears our prayers. He does not always answer the way we want but He will always be there for us. I am now at the point where if I knew I were to die I would be sorrowful to leave people behind but I would not be fearful. When we leave the world we leave it alone except that I believe we go immediately to the presence of the Lord if we are His.

No comments: